Established in 1982, Optimum Publishing International is one of Canada’s niche independent trade publishers. Our list includes award-winning military, political, current affairs, biographical and Crime books published. Optimum has won or been nominated for a host of awards and distinctions. Optimum is being re-launched in the Fall of 2018 after the passing of our founder Michael Baxendale in early 2017.
Optimum attends the Frankfurt and London international books fairs as well as other rights fairs.
For all rights inquiries, please contact email@example.com
In order to request permission to reprint copyrighted material or inquire about subsidiary or translation rights, you will need to write a letter of inquiry addressed to the department listed below.
Optimum Publishing International
Attn: Rights & Permissions Department
144 Rochester Avenue Toronto, ON M4N 1P1
Tel: (416) 416 926-3366 ext 269
Your letter must include:
- Title and ISBN of the book
- Full name of the author of the book
- Imprint under which the book was published (listed on the spine or copyright page of the book)
- Specific material in the book that you would like to use, including page numbers
- The way in which you would like to use the material. Please be as specific as possible.
- Your name, address, phone number, fax number and email address, if possible
In addition to the title and excerpt details of the work you would like to reprint, please provide your planned publication date, the print run of the paper edition and/or the alternate formats you require, and the language and distribution territory for your book. If you are asking for Internet publication rights, give the web address of the site where the excerpt or work will be published, and if it will be password protected or not. We require permission fees to be paid within 60 days of our issuing you a license.
Optimum Publishing International is currently accepting submissions for fiction books matching one of the following descriptions:
- Middle Grade & YA
Optimum Publishing International is currently accepting submissions for adult non-fiction books in the following areas of interest:
- Canadian History, Politics, Current Affairs, Social Justice
- True Crime
- Business & Economics
Please include in your submission:
- A cover letter
- A one-page synopsis of the contents of your book
- A table of contents and chapter-by-chapter outline
- A resume or CV that includes a list of your previously published works
- A marketing plan for your book
- At least three sample chapters of your book, formatted in Times New Roman font, 12-point type, double spaced, and standard margins. Do not submit a complete manuscript unless requested to do so.
- A word count for the entire manuscript
- A delivery schedule
Submissions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Allow six months for a response. If you do not receive a response within six months, you can assume that the submission has been rejected. Please, no phone calls or follow-up emails.
Optimum Publishing International does not accept submissions from authors outside of Canada.
For any other customer service inquiries please submit form.
Address: 144 Rochester Avenue, Toronto, ON M4N 1P1
For media inquiries: Dean Baxendale 647-970-1973